The work will:
- Reconstruct existing sidewalks to ensure they meet ADA standards and are at least five feet wide;
- Repair and replace existing inlets and pipes;
- Patch damaged sections of pavement prior to resurfacing;
- Install new curb and gutter;
- Resurfacing Georgia Avenue;
- Replace traffic signal pavement detectors at the intersection of MD 97 and MD 390; and
- Install new line striping and pavement markings.
Drivers are urged to stay alert and look for reduced speed limits, narrow driving lanes and highway workers. For more information, see SHA's press release.