The reductions in collisions are most notable in areas around schools improved in the Safe Routes to School program, the County's High Incidence Areas (locations targeted as having the highest density of collisions) and locations where traffic calming measures have been completed.
Other program trends noted in the CountyStat review included:
- An 85% reduction in collisions for Safe Routes to School
- A 37% reduction in pedestrian collisions in the County's High Incidence Areas
- An increase in the number of pedestrian collisions where drivers are at fault
- A 29% increase in pedestrian collisions countywide from 2011 to 2012, primarily attributable to parking lot collisions
- 29% of the pedestrian collisions in 2012 occurred in parking lots
Click below to view the presentation:
Previous CountyStat Review Presentations can be seen on the County’s CountyStat web site.